What a challenging but successful year for our company.
Throughout the year, there has been a shortage of materials across the board. Every component we use to manufacture and refurbish buildings has been in short supply either throughout the year or at some point during it. Shortages have come because of Brexit, COVID-19, and the massive demand for materials from commercial and domestic sectors.
The price of raw materials has also been a challenge. Material prices have constantly increased over the last 18 months, with some materials rising by over 100 %.
However, despite this, we have continued our yearly increase in the sale of portable building buildings. We have even increased the sale of new and refurbished modular constructions from the previous year.
We were awarded a ½ million pound contract at Manchester Airport and continued our fantastic relationship with the education sector by supplying numerous schools and nurseries with buildings.
1. Many cabin installations throughout the month start the new year well.
2. Some double stacked cabins for an aggregates company near Loughborough at a large quarry.
3. Finished the installation of a brand new timber-clad nursery building for a school in Newcastle.
1. New timber-clad modular building for a nursery at Wythenshawe Hospital in Manchester.
2. Install a cabin complex for a timber company in Northumberland, offices, canteen, first aid room, toilets.
3. First long-distance trip of the year, new modular office building for a transport company in Aberdeen.
1. Supplied a fully refurbished pre-owned building for a local flying club at Humberside Airport who had lost their original structure to fire.
2. Fully refurbished pre-owned building for the air ambulance In Leicester to be used as their new base.
3. Continued relationships with existing customers with orders for new buildings received and undertaken.
1. Saw a number of timber clad buildings supplied across the country:
a. Cathedral School – Chelmsford – a small one to one tutor room for a teacher and student.
b. Nigel Belcher Turfing – company in Maidstone – extending offices to house further sales staff.
c. Two new classroom buildings for a specialist school in Loughborough
d. All Saints School – Dorset – extra space for small learning groups.
2. Supplied buildings for the Ambulance service to be used as office space at a number of their depots.
1. Two members of staff become approved site managers after a week of training – Paul Boulonois and Steve Ellerington!
2. Site Manager Steve turned 40, been at the company 13 years.
1. Busy month for cabin deliveries with multiple cabins been delivered to new and existing customers.
2. A number of refurbishment jobs start in the yard getting ready for a busy summer of deliveries.
• Start of the ‘Silly Season’ with the start of the school holidays. A number of school buildings to be delivered and existing buildings removed from the site.
• Removed buildings from various places, Grimsby, Suffolk, Sunderland, Edinburgh.
• St Joseph’s install – Newport, Wales – 2 no. new classroom buildings.
• Mark Stewart install – Fully refurbished modular building – New Head Office.
• New hire building for St Clare’s school in Derby.
• Swanmore – New classroom space for the school alongside the pre-owned building above.
• Bideford College – New classroom facilities for a school in Bideford, Devon.
• VOG – New mixed-gender toilet facilities for a school in Barry, Wales procured by the Vale of Glamorgan Council.
• Cool Solutions – Existing customer in Hull. Extension of their existing office building that we provided 5 years ago.
• Rhinox – New office building for a local company in North Newbold.
• MQP – New welfare facility for an existing customer in Loughborough.
• Multiple buildings going out in the final month of the year, one last big push before the Christmas Break.
• Projects in December
o East Surrey Hospital – New office and admin facilities
o Aviagen – new welfare facilities for a chicken hatchery in Strafford-upon-Avon
o VMS – New depot office for a logistics company in Scotland
o Christ College – New six classroom building for a school in Sunderland